HDSW Job Posting - Grant Writer
POSITION: Grant Writer STATUS: Part-Time, Non-Exempt DEPARTMENT: Administration REPORTS TO: Chief Executive Officer DEPARTMENT: Admin Office Human Development Services of Westchester (HDSW) is proud to have been involved in the evolution of community-based direct-care services for vulnerable populations in New York State since 1968. HDSW has been a community-based not-for-profit for over 50 years, providing vital services to people throughout every corner of Westchester County. In today’s ever-changing health care marketplace, HDSW offers person-centered services to over 3000 people each year. We are dedicated to Creating Community and to have opportunities each day for people to realize their dreams through our unique blend of inter-related programs. At HDSW What Matters To You, Matters To Us! We are looking for qualified individuals to join our team. POSITION SUMMARY: Under the direction of the CEO, the Grant Writer will be responsible for researching, developing and writing inquiries, letters, proposals and responding to RFP requesting funds to support Human Development Services of Westchester’s (HDSW) programs and services. The Grant Writer will also be responsible for tracking and monitoring proposals, their deadlines and requirements. This position includes maintaining accurate computer and hard copy records of documents, phone calls, and visits of funders and prospects. The Grant Writer creates, shares, and writes content for HDSW social media channels. HDSW expects all employees to respond and participate to emergency situations per emergency policies and procedures. RESPONSIBILITIES: 1. Research, develop and write inquiries, letters, proposals and other fundraising documents. a. Research and identify potential donors by reviewing HDSW files, following-up on leads, conducting research, and analyzing funding reference tools such as annual reports, foundation directories, and IRS 990’s. b. Develop proposal and other request concepts in conjunction with the CEO, and others as assigned. c. Write accurate and interesting inquiries, letters and proposals requesting funds from individual, corporate and foundation prospects. Write acknowledgement letters and reports to corporate and foundation donors. d. Identify new funders to support programs. Meet with program staff to determine funding needs and program planning. e. Ensure that all drafts and feedback from HDSW staff are completed in a timely manner. f. Ensure that all submissions and correspondences with foundation and corporate staff is completed on time.
2. Track and monitor proposals, their deadlines, and requirements. a. Maintain tracking system for grant, renewal, and report deadlines. b. Monitor results of written requests, such as proposal acceptance rate. c. Coordinate the efforts of key staff members to ensure that documents are completed by the specified deadlines. 3. Maintain accurate computer and hard copy records.
a. Work in conjunction with Development Director to maintain accurate and updated electronic files of donors and prospects including copies of correspondence, proposals, reports, and notes on significant phone conversations or donor visits.
b. Work in conjunction with fiscal staff to ensure that corporate and foundation gifts are entered into Fund EZ.
4. Prepare monthly content calendar for timely and concise postings on social media.
a. Regularly create written and visual content to share on social media.
b. Share relevant, timely content on social media.
c. Promote HDSW services and programs on social media and HDSW website.
5. Additional duties.
a. Attend and serve as staff support for fundraising events.
b. Contribute ideas and participate in the planning of department-wide projects and overall development operations.
c. Assist with writing for public relations materials including annual reports, newsletters, press releases, and other publications.
d. Complete regular weekly content updates to the HDSW website and social media applications.
e. Assist in the research and development of HDSW annual needs assessment.
f. Assist in other fundraising and engagement activities, such as presentations, meeting with funders, etc.
1. Successfully submit grants by deadlines.
2. Maintain productivity of proposal submissions.
3. Proposals are approved for funding.
4. Perform weekly website calendar updates.
5. Schedule posts and maintain social media content calendar.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIRENTS
1. Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s in Public Health or related field preferred.
2. Knowledge of Behavioral Health services program planning is preferred.
3. Strong organizational, interpersonal, computer, and research skills.
4. Ability to write accurate, compelling narrative.
5. Ability to multitask and perform under deadlines and changing schedules.
6. Ability to organize and balance project budgets.
7. Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office and Fund EZ.
8. Legal authorization to work in the United States
9. Valid Driver’s license with clean records and access to insured automobile
10. Fingerprinting and criminal history background check required
Excellent benefits, 401k and tuition reimbursement after one year of full-time employment
HDSW is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Email Resume to: Jcruz@hdsw.org